Our Members and Alumni
Meet our Netcito community, a diverse group of highly successful entrepreneurs from around the United States.
Sean VirgileCo-Founder at Diagnostic anSERS, Inc. Diagnostic anSERS Inc.Netcito Alum
Co-founded a spectroscopy & nanotech company to commercialize SERS sensing technology from the University of Maryland that was acquired by Metrohm Raman in December 2017. As the co-founder focused on analysis, design, market research, and business development, was instrumental in:
- cultivating partnerships and relationships to develop a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape;
- acquiring over $500k in grants, including an NSF Phase I SBIR and Maryland Innovation Initiative Phase III;
- prosecuting the patent and developing robust intellectual property defenses through trade secrets and contracts;
- acquiring and using market research to guide corporate strategy;
- pivoting the company from defense to biotech to forensics through literature analysis & primary market research;
- drafting corporate agreements, sales contracts, and licensing deals, including use by police for fentanyl & heroin detection;
- and negotiating and finalizing the details of the M&A agreement with Metrohm Raman.